Thursday, April 23, 2009

My project

I was inspired by Joi at Nuestra Vida Dulce to complete this "do it yourself" project. I saw the most adorable little indoor herb garden in the Crate and Barrel catalogue and wanted it SO badly. But it had WAY too hefty a price tag. All together, it was upwards of $75.00. Ouch! So I headed to Lowe's to do it myself. With pots, spray paint, herbs, and potting mix, I am pretty proud of what I created! I guess I really CAN do it myself!

This is what I started with: herbs, super cheap pots, spray paint, and my iced tea (very important!)


After the first coat of white paint!


An "up close" picture of my stenciling...

The finished product! Parsley, basil, and mint!
Total cost: approximately $35.00. Good for me!

1 comment:

Joi said...

They look great! I love projects like these! :)