Saturday, March 28, 2009

WE DID IT!!

After the race!
Waiting in the car...
Getting ready to go!
Still at home...nice and dry.
Still at home...nice and dry

Today we ran our first 5K! I say first because there will definitely be more. This was the "Undy 5000" and it was called a "brief" run for colon cancer. The idea was that everyone would wear boxers...too bad it was freezing cold and raining. I still sported my boxers over my running pants and under my poncho.

Kind of on a whim several months ago, we decided to start really running and to run this particular 5K. Our goal was simple: to RUN the whole thing.

Guess what??? WE DID IT!! And...I came in 269th out of 534 people. Rick came in 243rd our of 534. We were both really proud of how well we did especially in the nasty weather.

Overall, it was a great experience, and we are trying to decide what to do next! Best of all, together, we raised $500 dollars for the Colon Cancer Alliance!

1 comment:

Joi said...

So awesome Libbi!

I am so inspired by you and Rick!