Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rambling?

Preface: Rick is out of town. We are state testing at school. So...after hours of strict SILENCE, I am coming home to no one to talk to. I apologize if this is rambling, but this is my "talking" for the moment.

We have three full weeks of school left after this one. WOW. I cannot believe it. I knew that, especially learning of my new job next year, the year would go fast, but this is insane. I was, initially, excited beyond words to be moving to Zumwalt East High. And don't get me wrong, I am still incredibly excited. I know that I will be a better teacher for moving, and I will finally feel the freedom to teach in my own style, try new things, and do what good teachers do.

But now that the end of the year is finally near, I am forced to face the people who I will really miss. People have started saying things like, "We will really miss you," and "What will we do next year?" It's a huge honor to know people care, but it is really hard too.

I have the best students this year that I have ever had, and they also keep telling me how they will miss me. Some have even said, "But what will we do? We were going to have you our senior year for speech." All of my teacher friends can understand how that completely rips your heart out.

Again, I KNOW I have made the right decision, and I will be much happier because of it, but the next few weeks are going to be a challenge in "keeping it all together."

1 comment:

Joi said...

Girl I understand and empathize with you. Leaving Edwardsville was one of the hardest things I had to do b/c of my best friends and students who I loved.

But, David said there would be more students who I would love and he was right. I still keep in touch with my faves and it was the best decision I've made.

Still...that last day is hard. I'll be thinking about you. But congrats on the new beginning!