Friday, June 6, 2008

Life As I've Lived It...Part 1 (100-75)

One of my favorite people, Joi, did this and I decided to take her challenge and do it too!. It entails making a list of 100 things that were worth doing in your life and reflecting upon them. As another blogger put it, "I hope these events are those that pop up should my life flash before my eyes." Here's my partial list! And, these are definitely in no particular order.

100. Getting the phone call offering me my teaching job at FZN.
99. Driving around in high school with Heather and Rachel after I got my convertible. It was snowing, but we still put the top down!
98. I have to say this one (Joi!) going to see NKOTB at Busch Stadium with my mom. I thought I was so hot!
97. Playing "tug on the rope" with my sister Katie!
96. All of the great summers spent on McKinley Drive with the "crew..." Katie, Katie, Kristin, Kaci
95. Lunches with my dad at Plaza Frontenac. It is a great annual tradition.
94. "back to school" shopping with my grandma Velma.
93. Actually, anything and everything I did with my grandma Velma!
92. Going to New York by myself to visit my uncle Danny! I will never forget seeing "Beauty and the Beast" on Broadway from the first or second row! That is HUGE to a 12 year old!
91. Picking Lexie up and seeing that tiny little face...SO CUTE!!
90. The first time I tried to take Ginger on a walk...we made it to the stop sign and she laid down!
89. Our family trip to London and Paris!
88. Our family trip to Alaska!
87. All of our family trips!
86. The moment Rick proposed on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.
85. Getting to walk into the hotel and tell his family we were engaged!
84. Making "Pigs in a blanket" with grandma Bette.
83. Drinking grandma Bette's sweet tea...and swinging in her swing on Harmon Drive...
82. Being a munchkin in The Wizard of OZ
81. Meeting my mother in law for the first time. See, it was Christmas time and she was sitting on the floor in her pajamas wrapping Christmas gifts...while wearing rubber gloves to protect her nail polish. I love it.
80. Staying up late with my mom...for any reason.
79. Watching The Kentucky Derby...LIVE!
78. Closing on our house!
77. My dad walking me down the aisle to get married
76. Marrying Rick
75. Going "to the bars" with Corey. Ok, when Corey, Jenni and I lived together, our stairs had "bars." Well, one night Corey and I decided that in order to call ourselves "thin" we had to be able to fit through the bars. Well, we did it. And we continued to do it for company who didn't believe our story!

Stay tuned for Part 2!

1 comment:

Joi said...

So glad you decided to do it!

I loved reading all of yours and can't wait to read the rest! :)