Sunday, June 8, 2008

Life As I've Lived It...Part 2 (74-50)

74. Katie's "birthday weekend" celebration in Chicago. This is when I officially realized that I am too old to run with 21-year-olds!
73. Dancing in my final dance recital the summer after my senior year in high school.
72. Graduating from college with Cum Laude honors. It was a huge step and a huge relief!
71.Going to Hawaii with Mom, Dad, Katie and Rick.
70. Fearing for my life on the road to Hana with my dad behind the wheel of a yellow Hummer. JUST KIDDING! It was gorgeous!
69. Joe..."snorkeling" on 4th of July. Actually, all parties at Nathan and Melissa's are noteworthy.
68. Meeting Elle for the first time. She was the first baby to come into our group!
67. Renovating Bellecourt Manor with my dad. I will never forget painting the ladies restroom and my dad said, "You know, someday you will come in here on your wedding day and you will be able to say that you painted these walls." Sure enough, I did just that on July 21, 2007.
66. When I had a really rough Valentine's Day and my dad gave me a lovely little ring with a heart shaped diamond on it.
65. The Christmas when Rick gave me my diamond heart necklace. I loved it because my dad gave my mom a diamond heart necklace when they were dating, too!
64. All the summers spent at the Westhaven pool with Erin...we finally learned how to dive!
63. Going to LA for the first time to visit Uncle Danny. It was fabulous!
62. Playing ten cent ski ball at the Lake of the Ozarks with Mom and Katie
61. Singing "The Bear Went Over the Boatside" with Katie EVERY SINGLE time we took the boat out. How did that ever get started anyway??
60. Talking with Jamye during passing periods every day...we are worse than the kids!!
59. My 21st birthday...I had so much fun that night!
58. Spending TONS of time at Johannah's house swimming, playing, and eating that yummy popcorn her mom used to make us!
57. Trying to re-create the dance from "Dirty Dancing" with Corey in the basement at the lake house. Yeah, we definitely almost broke Corey's nose that night...
56. Rolling down the hill at our Robin Hill Lane house with Katie, Kim, Kristen, and Kelly.
55. All the good times we had at church when we were little
54. Partying on Green Street at U of I
53. Attending our high school graduation as a teacher. It is the greatest feeling to see all of your students achieve their proudest moment to date.
52. Sitting in the very front row of the Cardinal game!
51. The "pre-wedding sleepover" with the girls. I would not trade that for anything. It was the most fun...ever!
50. Trying on wedding dresses!

Stay tuned for Part 3

No comments: