Monday, July 28, 2008

Odds and Ends

I got a very welcomed phone call last Wednesday evening from my great friend, Johannah. She called to tell me that she, her mom, and her husband would be driving through St. Charles the next morning on their way to Iowa. So, we had breakfast. It was such a nice surprise and we had a wonderful time! I even got to meet their dog, Bailey who was in the car!

Me, Johannah, and Brian
Ok, after breakfast, I decided to make a trip to Home Goods to try and find some things for the house. The search is neverending. I found some cute things. Although I am constantly comparing our house to Joi's and Cori's, I still try! :-) Here are some of the new additions:

I got this little table and plant to put in the little "empty nook" (as I used to call it) at the top of our stairs. I love it!
Ok, our office is kind of a disaster. It is a jumbled mess of scrapbooking stuff, school stuff, two desks, books, and just other "stuff" that we don't quite know what to do with. So, for now my motto for the office is, "Just hide the junk." I found some lovely things to assist me with that motto!

Ok, here is my crowning glory. You need the back story though. Our closet is lovely. It is big and wonderful. My dream is to have St. Louis Closets design all of my closets. Well, we got an estimate and it was (drumroll please) $1,500.00 for our closet! OUCH!!! So, I was bound and determined to organize our closet on my own. So, in two hours last Friday, I did it. I should have taken a before picture, but oh well. I was very impressed with my work!

Well, that's the update. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and to all of the teachers I know: enjoy those last couple weeks of summer vacation! :-)

2 comments:

david said...

Libbi - Caught your comments regarding St. Louis Closet Company. Go to our site @ Beyondstoragestl.com. We build a far better system for less. As well, we offer do-it-yourself projects if you guys are handy. You also mention your home office is a mess - we're great at home offices! We'll hlp you get you organized!

C said...

your house is gorgeous, libbi! all three of us just haven't different styles which makes it fun to get ideas from each other! hope to see it in person someday!