Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whew...

It has been a whirlwind! This post will have to be broken down into 3 parts: Lexie, Dance Camp, and Anniversary.

Lexie
Ok, here's the deal...Lexie is not doing so great! She has had a terrible allergic reaction to something. Actually, I am not sure it is a reaction, more that she is just allergic to something. That poor baby has scratched and bitten her ears, skin, and eyes so much that she looks just awful. We have been to the vet twice already for it. She has two eye medicines, allergy pills, a steroid shot, baby Benadryl, and I think that's it! The frustrating part is that we do not know what she is allergic to. I just don't know what to think...does anyone have any experience with dog allergies???

Dance Camp
Camp was fabulous!!! We went to SLU for 4 days and it was the most fun ever! My team did a great job and the girls bonded so wonderfully and were just a pleasure to be around. It really was so much fun. I was definitely in my element! :-)

Anniversary
Last night was our ONE YEAR wedding anniversary! I cannot believe how quickly the time passed! We went to dinner at The Melting Pot (my favorite place!) and when we got there they had roses on the table! This, of course was set up by my wonderful husband! It was a lovely evening topped off by an amazing (and unexpected) gift. Rick got me a second diamond band for the other side of my wedding ring. It is beautiful and I love it. It has been a great year!

2 comments:

C said...

Congrats on your 1st year of wedded bliss :) Dog allergies- my mom deals with it all the time with Frasier... special food, special medicine, etc. Try talking to a holistic pet store who can give you some options outside of medicine. Keep us updated!!!

Joi said...

Oh sounds like you've been busy!

Yay for getting another diamond band--pics please! :)

And on the allergy front, Niko has them. He is on a special food because the vet thinks he allergic to meat. He can only eat KO "kangaroo and oats" {seriously}! He doesn't get any treats {sad, but he's used to it}, and the vet said if it doesn't get better, our next step is taking him to a doggie dermatologist!