Sunday, January 13, 2008

And the weekend comes to an end...

Seriously, how great are weekends? Pretty great here at the Simms house! After going back to work for the first full week, we were both super tired this weekend, but it was really nice just to relax at home. Let's recap, shall we?

Friday: We both went to work and came home for dinner. We ordered Stefanina's Pizza...YUMMY! Just a brief aside: Their pizza and house salad is THE best...ever! If anyone wants to come visit us so that we can go there, we will definitely accommodate!

Saturday: We took our little girl to the vet, which, as awful as this sounds, was a really nice break for us. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE Lexie, but it was nice to drop her off for the whole day! We dropped her at 8:00 and then actually came home and went back to bed! This was amazing because, usually, Lexie gets us up early every morning. We then got a welcomed phone call from Rick's parents inviting us out to lunch at Magpie's. Another YUMMY place! So, we did the lunch thing, then ran some errands. One of those errands included Wal-Mart which we won't discuss because Wal-Mart is...well, it's Wal-Mart. However, while wandering, I did find some super cute and comfy lounging pants for $9.96. They are amazing. I highly recommend them. Saturday night, we stayed home and I did school work. We rented a movie called "The Heartbreak Kid" with Ben Stiller. It was funny but the ending was weak. That's all I will say.

Sunday: Well, we had every intention of going to church this morning BUT...we know where this is going. We were up, had breakfast, sat down to watch some t.v. before going to get ready, and BOTH fell asleep! Talk about hibernating! So, we spent the rest of our day here, doing laundry, doing work, walking Lexie, etc. Now, the chili is on, and the rest of our evening is free!

Tomorrow is back to work. We have a full week this week then next week we are off on Monday! Yeah! I love days off of school! I am thinking of getting a massage...yes? no?

One last thing: My friend Ann had her new baby last weekend! I want to give a big congratulations to her and her husband and the new big brother!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THANKS!! I totally forgot you had a blog (I am a horrible friend!) But I remembered tonight and was catching up on reading it! Thanks for the well wishes! Hope you can meet him soon!!