Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Here comes the snow!

Well, we are waiting for the snow. Yes, we are scheduled to get a major winter storm tomorrow night into early Friday. IF we get the amount they are saying at just the right times, we will definitely have a snow day. Of this I am confident! Because the kids have even heard a rumor of snow, they have been crazy. Many have stated that they won't come to school on Friday no matter what...it's great to be a kid, I guess! Now we will just wait and see...start doing your snow dances!

Well, as some of you know, I have started Weight Watchers. I was very skeptical because I have tried every gimick, diet pill, magic juice, etc. out there and I really didn't have a lot of faith in this program. Then I started talking to people...WOW! Everyone has either been on it, or has known someone and they have all been very successful. So, Monday will mark my 2 week point. I actually think it is working. The tools from WW force you to really look at foods you eat and basically choose what is important enough to you to "spend" your points on. It is very enlightening to find out how many points are in certain foods...wow. Also, WW allows you to really watch portion sizes...I had NO idea how much food I was eating! So, I will keep you updated on my progress!

What else? Rick and I are truly an "old married couple" now. We have our little routines with the dog and on weekends, we occasionally stay home and watch movies. Know what? I really don't mind it. After dealing with high school kids all day every day, I do actually enjoy coming home and relaxing with just the three of us! It's nice.

My family just returned from my sister's 21st birthday trip to California. They had a great time and we are so glad they did. (A little jealous, but that's how it goes....) They went to Disney Land, Jay Leno, Ellen, Pink's, and Koi! Wow! AND, Katie got a birthday gift from Ellen to her...a REAL GUCCI PURSE!!!!! Lucky girl!! I am glad they are all back safely!

Last, but CERTAINLY not least...we are so glad that Rick's dad is ok! Long story short: Last Friday, we found out that Rick's mom was taking his dad to the ER because he had been sick and his blood pressure was 190/120!! That is crazy high, just FYI. So, they go, find out that with blood pressure that high, he should have had a stroke. Thank God he didn't. So, they did a spinal tap to see if it was a brain anyeurism...thank God it wasn't! He was released later and they are just watching his blood pressure.

2 comments:

Joi said...

libbi-

we feel like an old married couple too, but teaching wears us out!!!

i'm glad your father in law is ok. those kind of things are frightening!

oh...and i am doing my snow dance over in illinois for the both of us ;-)

Unknown said...

I was actually debating doing WW after I had the baby...I am still contemplating it...keep me in the loop with how it goes! I'm super interested!!