Saturday, February 7, 2009

Jamye



Jamye is my friend from school. I remember meeting her after I started teaching at North High. I remember thinking that she was nice, but I never could have imagined what a wonderful person/friend she would turn out to be for me. Countless times, she has brightened my days at work, helped me put things in perspective, or commiserated with me when I just needed someone to share in my anger/sadness. It is extremely rare that you find someone like this. It is extremely rare that you find someone who is always willing and happy to go out of her way to help.

It was hard for me to move here to St. Charles, because I had to leave all of my friends in Edwardsville. Shortly after, Corey, my best friend from the time I was 14 moved to Phoenix. Rachel, my other best friend was "finding her way" as I was and she moved and was busy as well. It was scary for me to move to a place where, essentially, I had no friends. Now I feel that I would be sad to leave St. Charles because of the friends I have, namely, Jamye. She is a major reason why I will not be leaving North High. While all jobs have their faults, if you work with really extraordinary people, it's hard to justify leaving for small reasons.

On Friday I came to school sick, tired, expecting it to be a really rough day. On my desk I found the most beautiful vase of flowers with a note thanking me for being a really wonderful friend. Wow. I'm not the one delivering flowers. Needless to say, they were from Jamye.

I hope everyone who reads this has a "Jamye" in their own lives. Here's to amazing friends!

1 comment:

Joi said...

Girl, this is so sweet. What a great friend and true blessing...looks like you're the same to her : )

I have a friend like that at EHS and it made it painfully hard to leave that school. I thank God everyday that she's in my life...especially when I felt like all my friends from high school and college had moved away...including me!