Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Suddenly old...

Wow. On Monday I stayed home sick from school. However, I had to take a paper to my teacher at Lindenwood because it was due that evening. So, I decided to just go after I picked up my medicine.

I got out of the car, walked to the main part of campus and suddenly felt older than I ever have...in my life. All of these college kids were moving from class to class, talking about the crazy fun they had over the weekend, looking forward to the next weekend, drinking Starbucks, and really, only having to worry about papers to write and laundry to do.

I came in with NO make up on, not at all dressed to impress, just in a hurry to get home (to my actual house I now pay for!), and I suddenly felt old. I missed the days when all I had to do was go to class, work a job, and do laundry.

Don't get me wrong, I love my life now and feel so lucky, but I have my moments. Monday afternoon at Lindenwood was one of those moments.

No comments: