Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sickness and Old Wives Tales

This winter has been the worst for us since Rick and I have been together...at least in terms of being sick. We have been sick just about every weekend since the new year. This weekend though, really took the cake. Rick had the stomach flu and I had/have a terrible cold/low-chest cough/throat issue.

Since we (I hope) are now on the mend, I am now 100% trying to disinfect the house. I have been doing laundry all morning, lysol-ing everything, opening windows, etc. I think as a joke, Rick's mom mentioned that her grandma used to cut an onion and let it sit out claiming that it trapped the germs. At this point, I am desperate! I got an onion (because Rick's mom went to the store for us!) and have half upstairs and half downstairs. I am hopeful!!

Now the house smells of fresh air, lysol, and onion...strange, but I am going to trust this old wives tale!

No comments: